Back in the hunt....

Olderdriver

Reaction score
Hello all, I’m a new member sans e9, but now re-engaged in the search for one of these iconic cars. It never occurred to me to look for a related forum before, but here I now am hoping to learn from a really experienced group, as well as locate a car in excellent condition for me to acquire. I’m now of an age I’m no longer interested nor have the time to restore a car, and so look for something that is all or most the way “there”...! I’ve had some interesting driving experiences in past lives, but this car would stay close to home and “babied”. Hopefully over time, someone may have a referral. I’m in the San Francisco Bay so I would prefer a California licensed car or one that has been licensed on CA in the past. Thanks.

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm no E9 expert and I'm new here myself but I think you've got the right idea signing on to this forum. I've read a few accounts of people vetting cars here and coming out with what they wanted.
Welcome and good luck with your search!

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome!

When I got serious about finding a car the advice from forum members was to post a WTB in the cars for sale section. I had several forum members reach out quietly as they were considering a sale. Also, of course there are some real experts (not me) that will provide advice on some of the cars you find on the open market.

Also, since you are in the SF Bay Area look for @sfdon on the forum here, he has a shop in Alameda and will be a great source for information or even car options for you to investigate.

Good luck with your search.