Back in the Yay Area

corsachili

Reaction score
408 homies.....you know what time it is. Last night Chel, the dogs and I rolled in to the driveway at our home in Los Gatos, having made the 300 mile trek from Santa Monica. It's always nice coming home (and the Bay Area will always be our home). As suspected, the CSL's battery was dead flat, so I jump started it from the truck and she fired right up. Today the weather was dry (although not clear) enough for me to take the car out for a good drive. Feels good to drive a real car again, and to be able to drive enthusiastically (Santa Monica is not an area with good roads).

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah to the denizens of these hallowed halls. Another year draws to a close with hopefully more E9s on the road, and more of their owners brought together from their mutual love of these beautiful old cars.

Delimons, Hansen, Andrews, PJ, Connors, Arde and the rest, if the weather holds and you're all around perhaps we can throw together a quick coupe drive before the New Year.

Feels good to drive a real car again

Reading that made me think about my CS before I was able to start restoring it, because the body was in poor shape I used to keep it in storage over the winter (no garage at home) and every time I used to go to collect it I'd throw the dust cover off and get that buzz, you know, like the one you used to get on Christmas morning when you were a kid. I'd just stand there and look at it for a few minutes before getting in to start her up. Marvellous!!
Hope y'all have a good holiday.
gazzol

TJ
welcome home , I am game for a get-together name the time and place, how about a lunch meet in Los Gatos on a sunny/ non rainy day. Or Half moon bay and we could get some of the sf boys in too.

Merry Crimbo

PJ

I'd be up for something.
(that is, if you don't mind being seen w/ a primer CS... :wink: )

happy holidays
-shanon

Holidays in the Bay Area, a great time to spend time with you family and your E9. I took the E9 Saturday to my soccer workout, nothing like empty highways... Today we took the family to San Francisco and even the kids are getting sharp at spotting Coupes. They saw a dark red E9 driving out of a parking garage, with big bumpers and TRX rims. Kind of dressed for the holidays...

I am around for some gathering. You guys pick the place, the time, and the liquor.

OK, here is plan A:

Gathering in Menlo Park right across the train station. Can have breakfast at
the French crepe place (north west side of the station) where we can sit outside a few yards from the coupes. When everybody is in we can a have a Le Mans running start to the machines and drive to Rosotti's in Alpine Road (Portola Valley). Rosotti opens at 11 or so.

Back