back to black and white

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
if you know about photography these two photos are very different

brooklin bridge was taken in 2010 with 35mm roll, what is exceptional is the length of the negative, 35mm stands for 25mm height and 36mm in length, but this negative is 54mm in length, why ?

because i used a widelux f8 camera, a panoramic camera that mounted a wide lens in a rotating drum, the expression of the picture shows the distortion of that wide lens in the geometries of the cables, and the apparent narrow space framed by those lines in the centre

it is a panoramic photo but the effect of placing the camera in vertical gave all the before mentioned expressivity

only one take of this photo

used a 75mm nikon lens for enlarger, BTW american brand beseler,

i printed in cardboard paper of 400gr/m2, a superheavy gauge, with silver emulsion and used warm tone developer

on purpose i am showing the driving holes of the negative to show that it has nit been cropped, it is a one piece

the Agrippa Pantheon photo in Rome is a different story,

this was shot with a 6x7cm roll, also called 120, using a mamiya 67 and a 80mm lens (very wide for 6x7 format, equivalent to 48mm in 35 format)

i shot a complete roll inside the parthenon in 2008, difficulty was to get the ray of light clear enough keeping enough definition of every single squared figure of the ceilling, to me it ressembled an “horologium solarium” a sun clock

this one is cropped, using a schneider komponon 90mm, an baryth multigrade paper

these are trials, i plan to enlarge to 50x60cm size which is my maximum, probably i will use gold or selenium virage as final touch

thank you for watching

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What I want to know was how you were able to take a photo of the Brooklyn Bridge like that. Whenever I am walking that bridge, there are about 12,000 people stopping, standing, taking selfies, and generally being incredibly annoying. Stopping for any amount of time to set up such a shot seems challenging at best. Nice work.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
What I want to know was how you were able to take a photo of the Brooklyn Bridge like that. Whenever I am walking that bridge, there are about 12,000 people stopping, standing, taking selfies, and generally being incredibly annoying. Stopping for any amount of time to set up such a shot seems challenging at best. Nice work.

i do not remember the details, it was more than ten years ago, but there was not miriads of people, i was reasonably alone, walking and enjoying the landscape
i recall finding myself confortable

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
wasn't 55mm Hasselblad film?

i havent heard of “hasselblad film” as an specific thing
120 rolls, aka medium format, are 60mm in height, and machines used it in squared, 6x6 or rectangular 6x7 as my mamiya, and my pentax 6x7
maybe hasselblad uses only 55mm of those 60mm for a reason?

i have a zeiss ikon from 1950 that uses 6x6 together with a fixed wide lens that produces a bit of aberration that just looks like old photos

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I vaguely remember an uncle's Hasselblad and remember the film was larger than 35mm
But, it was a long time ago and he never let me handle the camera

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I vaguely remember an uncle's Hasselblad and remember the film was larger than 35mm
But, it was a long time ago and he never let me handle the camera

Hasselblad is medium format. I’ve looked
through the viewfinder on my father’s many times, but never taken any photos. That would be a waste of expensive film. :)