Barn Find 190SL

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A friend that uses my paint garage from time to time sent me a photo of a Cadillac Sedan DeVille that a guy wants painted. Not much of car, okay, a LOT of car surface area wise, but in the background I spot a Mercedes 190SL covered in dust. I know the dust makes it worth more but I asked him if it was for sale. He said he thinks the owner will sell it and is getting me a price. I'm not personally interested in the car but you never know when something might be an opportunity so I'll pursue it in case someone else is interested.

Any 190SL fans out there? From what I can tell it looks very complete but I have very limited photos at this point.

Dan

Just the romantic idea of a cool car as a barn find has me dreaming

I would absolutely love a little 190 but those are not usually budget resto friendly

A bought a 190SL in 1981 and had it three years, paid $10,000 and sold for $12,500 after putting on a new soft top so I broke even. It was a fun car and was white grey with black leather. After that 190SL prices really took off and stayed pretty high but they have come down quite a bit to $75-80K for a nice driver and over $100K for Very Nice.

There is nothing like a true, dusty, neglected, no tarp even, honest barn find to complete the automotive life. Bill, a poster here and I finally managed to negotiate a $600. sale price from, no surprise, an odd comfortable owner. This was probably 15 years ago at least, it was a parts car from day one, and it was a genuine, complete 1976 CSi.

A little taste of heaven,

Back