BaT Alumni Gathering at Laguna Seca

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was headed south in the Bavaria in August to see family and to attend Legends of the Autobahn in Pacific Grove. BaT was having one of their Alumni Gatherings at Laguna Seca on the Saturday following Legends, so I threw my name in the hat for tickets. I have no idea what criteria BaT uses to choose the ticket "winners", but somehow I scored a couple.

What a first class event! Everything from the drive through ticket "will call" just outside the track entrance, to easy to follow guides to the BaT gathering area at T3, to quick and easy parking, to breakfast AND lunch, was done right. The collection of 300 collector cars to peruse was an event in itself. Most of these BaT gatherings are pretty much a stand alone event, but this one coupled with vintage racing and the freedom to roam the paddock was extra special. If you ever have an opportunity to attend one of these and you have bought and/or sold a car on BaT, be sure to request tickets.

Here's a recap of the event with lots of pictures and a video. Most "car shows in a parking lot" do not translate well to pictures. Somehow BaT's photographers made it work and captured the variety of cars AND the fun.

Yes...I've sold several cars on BaT but never bought one on BaT...and probably never will. The premium cars seem to get on BaT works great for sellers, not so good for "thrifty" buyers like me. ;)
Agree 120%...there are psuedo "deals" but very few and far between and don't seem to have much if any correlation to the cars actual condition. The fickle nature of BaT.

Back