BaT Euro delivery 1973 BMW 3.0CSi manual transmission (NMNA)

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

A quick look at the pictures this morning show a clean car, showing underneath and inside the fenders. Didn't see anything scary, so this one will likely bring some strong interest. One day in and first bid was $40k.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I really like the euro cloth seats. Besides looking nice they must be better to drive hard in.

Why do so many coupe seats squeak?! My drivers side Scheel squeaks as well...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Strong opening bid. Does look nice.

Put some white BBS RS wheels on there and get $100k (like the last one did)!

Dealer item?

1973_bmw_3-0csi_16032355668f523cb3306387D3-C160-49C4-B436-198008D106A7-scaled.jpeg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Aftermarket shade, maybe from Italy based on the sticker. The 630CS was the first BMW to offer a rear shade I think. I saw one on a friend’s 630 that had been owned by Mark Spitz, it was Resedagrun.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I suppose 'euro trim' is referring to the cloth seats, I'm not aware of any specific trim differences between Euro and NA vehicles. But that's why I'm here, to learn what I don't know. First time I've heard of the glove box evaporator/blower thing, maybe not a big deal as AC in WA is not the highest priority. I'm interested to hear anyone's experience with it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Many euro delivery coupes had A/C added by the dealer or buyer and it was placed under the glove box, don’t know how they route air to the center console.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good point! It could have been the clutch but it sounded like my seat so I assumed that's what it was..

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, cloth for Euro cars. I don't know if or when leather was introduced in the Euro. Why do I think HBChris is gonna get the visual daily double on this Jeopardy question.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well this E9 member would have believed you since such accuracy has been demonstrated in the past.