Bav Auto Show and Shine

TodB

Reaction score
Scheduled for this Sunday in Portsmouth, NH. Check their site for details and directions.

This is a big BMW event and getting bigger every year but is heavily attended by the younger crowd (more of the Bav Auto customer profile). There are lots of cars with lots of bling. I especially like the Lambo doors on the X5. That said, there usually is a decent showing of "older" (70 and 80s) cars. Sounds like there is a big E28 contingent planning to show up also.

One of the owners of Bav Auo recently purchased a Coupe from Bimmer Bros (can't wait to talk to him as I just purchased an E28 from them and the experience was less than stellar). Not sure if he will have it on display this year. Usually there are 3 or 4 coupes on display. Should be more...they are out there!

Those planning on coming should get there EARLY, definitely before 8 if you want a display spot. Lots of folks are planning to arrive by 7 (me included, weather permitting). If you are driving up that morning, which is usually the best part as the sun is just coming up and the road is WIDE open, be aware that NH finest know your coming and usually have a trap or 2 set on I95.

The highlight of the event is the bling crowd leaving while (desperately) trying to do burnouts. NH finest is waiting for them just up the street also and inevitably someone gets pulled over and has to sit there while everyone else trails by. And best to avoid leaving with the crowd in the afternoon anyway as by that time, testosterone levels are high, blood flow is severely limited to the brain and usually, someone ends up hitting someone else or the speeds on the highway get silly. There is very little to no driving skill for lots of these guys.

Bav Auto puts on a good show and provides free food and discounts on their gear. Its a great way to see a wide variety of BMWs and usually (hopefully!) the weather is good. Foliage should be kicking in nicely also. It would be great to see a good showing up Coupes, so if you are nearby and available, come on up!

Tod-

I am going to try to have my wife and mother drop me off while they go shopping in Kittery. Not sure if either is going for it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I had a pic of my daughter in front of your coupe as my wallpaper, and now my boss wants a coupe. Since I'm the resident BMW nut around work, I'm starting to poke around for him, and this site is great (just like mye28 for us 5'er junkies :D )

Did you buy the 5'er from Bimmer Bro's that was on AutoTrader? I've been casually looking for one now too. A buddy and I are having delusions of doing 1 Lap of Amer. in an e28 (we both "used to have one of those" :cry: ).

Keeping warm in NH,
Bob K.

Bimmer Bros

I bought the Ca based, white 5er with the Dinan prepared stroker. It has terrific potential once properly sorted.

Show n Shine

I attended the S&S. The day started out OK but the rain was steady by 12:30. One of the Bav Auto guys had his new coupe with "original paint" on display. I think it was original paint color...since the side gills and hood gills were painted the same color as the car. Evan from Bimmer Bros was there and we chatted for a while. He gave me the best compliment of the day when he said "so what did you pay, about $30K for this?"

Would have been nice to see more coupe there, there have been more at past shows. Probably the bad weather kept them away...

Back