Bav on Chicago Craigslist NMNA

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks decent with some rust issues. Unfortunately
someone thought it would be a good idea to delete the front parking lights and leave the side markers.o_O

jmackro

Reaction score
someone thought it would be a good idea to delete the front parking lights and leave the side markers.

That is odd, isn't it. I guess the turn signals are now in those aftermarket lights on either side of the fog lights below the front bumper. Still, at $5,800 it seems like a heck of a deal. Of course, there's probably $10K worth of rust repair waiting to rear its ugly head.

00P0P_6XLQXxWNztmz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm tempted.. I also like the color choice. The door panel on the driver side looks super straight- I wonder if the rest of the interior is like that. Unfortunately the rust seems to be an issue for sure- bummer, if not for that I might be making flight reservations.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
What I love about Bavarias, mine included is that when the dash cracks, it seems to be a perfectly straight line and in a place that almost seems like it belongs there ( biased yes!).

Baikallackierung

Reaction score
Rust might not be that bad given that is all that has spread in the 21 years it has been sitting (garage kept). I would inquire and ask for detailed pics of the shock towers, rockers, bottoms of fenders, frame rails, rear quarter lip and any other problematic areas for rust. I've seen restoration threads on here that started out worse and turned out well. The bottoms of the doors have no rust creep, the lower fenders look solid and the duct behind the firewall looks solid around the elephant ear.