Bavaria Coming Along

nealf

Reaction score
<a href="http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j33/nealf2002/?action=view&current=photo1.jpg" target="_blank">
8328ce2eb26cda95ae7dbeae301625e3.jpg
</

Hit a snafu with the bumper as I have a '73 replacement with the larger spacer brackets and want to use the '72 brackets but one is rusted on the old bumper..arrrrghhhh.

nf
'70 2800CS
'72 Bavaria 3.0
'73 2002

Malc

Reaction score
Looks good.
Could you make a suitable bracket to mount the bumper? They are just bent bits of metal after all :wink:
Malc

acat2002

Reaction score
I recently modified my '73 us-spec bumper to fit flush to the rear valence like the euro-spec versions. It involved some minor fabrication of readily-available items from a hardware store. (I think it was like $50-$60 in total)The Bav may be different, but I could explain what I did with the coupe bumper if you'd like.

I notice the styrofoam cooler and a few other items supporting the bumper in the photo. FYI-don't learn the hard way like me when I scratched the paint installing the bumber by myself.
TIP-put an atheletic tube sock over each bumper end until it is securely fastened to the rear to prevent the ends from flailing around and touching the paint.