Bavaria engine bay rubber edge seals question

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm looking to get replacement rubber seals for the engine bay of my 72 Bavaria. This is in reference to the front/forward (grille) and back (windshield side ) areas where the hood rests upon when closed. Even if I can't get the original, I'd like to determine what the proper shape / design is in order to get something comparable if needed.
Thanks for any help!

The seal on the front of the engine bay on my car is the original....

IMG_0871.JPG

The profile is a little unique since it installs on a horizontal flange...

IMG_0863.JPG

When I did my car, the seals at the back of the engine bay were missing and I couldn't find new. I did find one that I felt was close and seems to seal OK. I think I got them from Mesa. I used the same seal profile for the trunk seal.

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

Hello all,
I'm looking to get replacement rubber seals for the engine bay of my 72 Bavaria. This is in reference to the front/forward (grille) and back (windshield side ) areas where the hood rests upon when closed. Even if I can't get the original, I'd like to determine what the proper shape / design is in order to get something comparable if needed.
Thanks for any help!
I was about to post the identical question as I’m missing the same thing. I had a spare trunk seal and thought that would work, but it’s much too large.Steele probably has something very similar., Thanks, Dick

I get my seals out of the junkyard. I cut a piece of the old seal and browse through cars until I find something close. My trunk seal is from an 80's Jaguar sedan.
I do this when I take a break and walk around the yard. Rubber seals, metric nuts and bolts, grommets, clamps, hoses....

Back