Bavaria washer fluid jet replacement

ThoughtItWasCool72

Reaction score
Hi everyone-
I’m looking for a solution to replace a washer fluid jet on my 72 Bavaria. I recently replaced the hood as the original had the typical rust issue on the front lower lip. The replacement hood only has 1 washer fluid jet, not the original 2. It’s also an oval shape. What can I get to fill the gap (oval vs original round)? Thanks

Attachments

• F6876472-1954-407A-BFC4-48BBBBA9B854.jpeg
    F6876472-1954-407A-BFC4-48BBBBA9B854.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 52

ThoughtItWasCool72

Reaction score
Ok - good to know it was from earlier. So now I’ll see if I can either find the correct nozzle or fabricate something to fill the gap, as the 72 had 2 round holes.
If anyone knows of a solution or a replacement part number that would be greatly appreciated.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here are the parts for the early 3 jet system...

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 8.47.23 AM.png

My guess is that you will have a hard time finding these parts...especially in North America since few early E3s were imported.

I'd try to find a later, more common bonnet. If that becomes impossible, maybe just do without the screen washer system. How often will you really be using it?

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

View attachment 160880
My guess is that you will have a hard time finding these parts...especially in North America since few early E3s were imported.

I'd try to find a later, more common bonnet. If that becomes impossible, maybe just do without the screen washer system. How often will you really be using it?

View attachment 160880

Yeah, I should a washer nozzle “delete” while I’m at it!

Christoph

Reaction score

Correct. The bonnet you have there goes for Series 1, not for your Series 2 car. The washer systems are entirely different, as you see in the picture(s). The hole is not to be closed, all three nozzles are mounted on the firewall and project through openings in the bonnet. Series 1 bonnets are rare. Please do not destroy one.