Bavarian Autosport Closed?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Old News, Fake News? Friend got an email saying such, called and their phone is disconnected. Out of the blue, no fire sale?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s pretty sad news. I always bought from BavAuto despite having to pay a little more.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, there was a good discussion of this on the e30 m3 SIG. its sad to see a long term supporter of BMW go away. i am glad they didn't just sell the company to ECS to continue operation as a watered down version of itself with plenty of customer service and all of it bad. i think its a sign of the time of the Amazon world.

KHB

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting bavbob. I bought an SR441X starter from them the beginning of February and was planning on dropping the core off on my way to Maine in a couple of months. I'm rebuilding the carbs and thought I might as well replace the starter as well. I certainly would have been shocked to find no one there!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Is ECS the one that bought the parts part of Turner and also Pelican?

I think this is a testimony on how current BMW owners are no longer enthusiasts. They lease the cars or their company does and they aren't buying accessories or anything for that matter.
As the new cars continue to get more complicated the home mechanic is becoming a dinosaur. This is fine with all the car companies as they would just as soon not have to sell parts to consumers.
This has been discussed a lot because they would not have any liability issues when the consumer is out of the picture. And we all know the lawyers run the show. So hold on to your parts or pants or whatever cause times they are a changing.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is ECS the one that bought the parts part of Turner and also Pelican?

I think this is a testimony on how current BMW owners are no longer enthusiasts. They lease the cars or their company does and they aren't buying accessories or anything for that matter.
As the new cars continue to get more complicated the home mechanic is becoming a dinosaur. This is fine with all the car companies as they would just as soon not have to sell parts to consumers.
This has been discussed a lot because they would not have any liability issues when the consumer is out of the picture. And we all know the lawyers run the show. So hold on to your parts or pants or whatever cause times they are a changing.
M5bb totally agree. As for part prices, we should all be happy our E9s are as uncomplicated as they are. My friend has a 2004 530 with adaptive headlights. The actuating mechanisms break, and there are several, they all have to be "re-programmed" whenever repaired. New headlight units are $1200, each. Finally found someone who cut holes in the plastic cases and fixed the actuators. Wow. I thought D-jet was hard.