Bay Area 2002 Swap Meet

corsachili

Reaction score
There are usually a handful of E9s that make it to this meet, and in general, it's a good one, attended by people with grease stained fingers and hands that bear the slings and arrows of their obsession. "My engine guy told me........." is not something you are likely to hear at this meet. It's always a good time.

Months ago when I sent my CSL back to the place that painted it I had set this meet as the deadline for the car to be back on the road. I even put in 3 or 4 weeks of fudge factor, figuring the bodyshop would certainly slip on their deliverable. This is now the third consecutive week they've failed to have the car ready, and the new ETA is sometime early in the week.

Again I'm up against a silly deadline. I must be watching too many episodes of Rides. In reality there's not that much to do, and as luck would have it, I have some time off right now.

If you see me drive my beloved CSL in to the swap meet one week from today it will be because I spent more hours in the garage than out of it this coming week. The engine is ready to go back in, all that is left is everything. I have to install new brake lines, firewall insulation, the engine, the gearbox, the driveshaft, the exhaust system, the trim, and then make it run. And I'll have essentially three days (at best) in which to do it.

Piece of cake right?

pj

Reaction score
I am gonna try to make it , is there an entry fee or do you have to register, once again does anyone want to hook up and caravan in.
we could meet at dennys in Santa Cruz or at the resturant at the summit

PJ

schnell540

Reaction score
I was trying to get my touring put back together for the show -- I'm putting in a new motor and Alpina A4 injection system -- but I just got back from a week-long business trip to Boston. I don't see how I can do it and keep my job and marriage in tact. I'll just have to figure out where my priorities lay. Suggestions?

I think I'll be there with my kids whether in the touring or not. Either way, with the D-Jet problems on the CSL, I am not taking that car.

corsachili

Reaction score
That's the rich irony for me. If I make it I'll have completed 3 or 4 months of hard work on the CSL which includes (but is not limited to) completely removing the engine and drivetrain, and there is a 99% chance that I have not done anything to fix the problem which led to this project in the first place. It started with me trying to fix the injection problem, and ended up with me having the engine so completely stripped that pulling it out and having the engine bay painted while I could was the only thing that made sense.

The only thing that won't have been replaced is the fuel pressure regulator and the distributor, so if the problem persists (the realist in me is expecting this) those will be the next things to be swapped.

Damn DJet............I feel your pain.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, where can I find the time/location/registration details for the swap meet?

schnell540

Reaction score
corsachili said:
Damn DJet............I feel your pain.

I took the CSL lasty year and died on me twice on the way and once on the way home. I tried fixing the problem and then just decided to go with triple webers. That is the next project, after the touring gets the new motor. By next year, both cars will be ready!

pj

Reaction score
I will be bringing some extra parts to sell
1 3.0 valve cover Black & Silver
Some trim pieces
CSL replica truck spoiler ( Like Paul Cains minus the rubber lip)

maybe a 3.25 lsd
see you all there

PJ

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
IOK. I wil be there with my 3.0 CS

It's as yet an ugly duckling, but she runs and drives fine. Literally minimal rust (no, really!). The restoration starts at the end of the summer. This will be your first, last and only chance to see her pre-makeover!

See y'all there!

S

pj

Reaction score
Long time no hear Scott , maybe we should take her out for a blast around Aptos ,
See you there Mate
PJ

Al Canuck

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I will be there, and we've sent down $800+ worth of raffle prizes for the show. Granted, most of them are for 02's, but we brought some gift certificates as well.

Please feel free to say hello, I look forward to meeting a few of you. In case anyone is curious, I won't be driving down in a BMW of any kind, but please look for the black Volvo V50 with BC tags in the parking lot.

Al

corsachili

Reaction score
PJ-the whole family, 2, 3 and 4-legged will be there. We'll be in the truck, probably with a picnic and some rawhide bones.

See you all there!

TJ and the clan

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
LOL..PJ!!!

Yeah, been really busy on a major client project. Have done zip to the E9, but she runs and is legal..so this looks like fun!

Looking forward to seeing some of you and meeting the rest!

S