BBS Mahle Help

Zimzumz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any one have experience putting on BBS Mahle on their e9? Looking for info on which longer studs and closed nuts to use. More importantly, what I have to do to install the longer studs, especially for rear. Any help is appreciated!

we just did this last week- The rear studs are available and fit in the front for length, but the correct length for the rear was not available in the same pitch.
We ended up using the finer pitch studs which are available in the correct length and new matching nuts. Old studs are knocked out and new studs
are jacked in with a spacer. The spline count was different but the OD of the spline section was within a few thousandths so no problem.

I know previous posts recommended these:

But talking with Chris, we weren’t sure if they are correct. Also, someone had mentioned the Coupe King nuts would work wanted to verify if that is the case.

we used 60's and 70's
1.25 pitch
you sneak them out in the rear - you will see....

Hi there guys!
I have just buy a set of 1982 BBS Mahle 7jx16" ET23.
I know that the best way for the front have to be ET11 instead of ET23 but, according to several discussion into this forum, I have noticed that some people have tried whit success different dimension without rubbing on the strut and without spacers.
Now my car it's on restoration and I can't test them.
Can someone can confirm that ET23 on front can fit?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20221101-091538_Gallery.jpg

Hi there guys!
I have just buy a set of 1982 BBS Mahle 7jx16" ET23.
I know that the best way for the front have to be ET11 instead of ET23 but, according to several discussion into this forum, I have noticed that some people have tried whit success different dimension without rubbing on the strut and without spacers.
Now my car it's on restoration and I can't test them.
Can someone can confirm that ET23 on front can fit?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 150990
Hate to be the bearer of bad news on this but those are Porsche wheels. The offset is the least of the issue. Bolt pattern is 5x130.

You’re right. They are actually 5x112 for a Mercedes. BBS doesn’t put the PCD on the face of the wheel. The “120” is the model number and in this case is for Mercedes. There’s an identical wheel (same lip profile) with identical specs for Porsche but it is 5x130. There isn’t a 16” for BMW outside the 222 (16x7 et11) and 223 (16x8 et24).

Last edited:
You’re right. They are actually 5x112 for a Mercedes. BBS doesn’t put the PCD on the face of the wheel. The “120” is the model number and in this case is for Mercedes. There’s an identical wheel (same lip profile) with identical specs for Porsche but it is 5x130. There isn’t a 16” for BMW outside the 222 (16x7 et11) and 223 (16x8 et24).
You are damn right... Already on the market.
I have always traveled with the caliper...not that day

Back