Beautiful 1973 3.0cs automatic BAT

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have decided to part with my wonderfull E9..https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-3-0cs-84/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=campaign_5902675

Quick question- selling with or without reserve?

I added some rocker pictures.. i submitted many pictures of the car when it was on a lift , but because they were over a year old ..bring a trailer did not pick them..
this car is truly rust free and never had any rust..

For vintage Corvettes, it seems the real, original, low mileage cream puffs are automatics. They seem to have had easier lives. Could it be the same for other sporty cars like the E9?

looks like a very solid coupe. takes a hit for still being a CSA, but a solid original coupe. this is going to be an interesting watch to see how BaT deals with a car such as this - very original / very solid / automatic vs. what the top of the market for a great manual tranny might be. the good news is - whoever buys it, can they get it into @sfdon's shop to replace the tranny with a 5 spd to make it everything the right buyer would want.

GLWA ... i am hopeful this will sell and do well
scott

thanks scott.. i hope it stays as an automatic.. very relaxing drive in todays traffic.. with power steering, power brakes and power windows..the restored soles are dialed very well so the car has good pick up when passing..(that took days out my life..)
Hervé

meaning getting them fully restored and set properly was a learning curve.. i ended up with boxes or soles parts that i will probably put for sale on the BB

Four years ago I bought Lilli, a 1976 2002 automatic from JMinPDX. Real mileage, somewhere in the 70 thousand$.

A truly pampered, garage queen if I may say, who was in perfect, rust free original condition. Last August I sadly decided to sell her, as my wife who I bought the car for, needs power steering. Her medical issues. On rare occasions I would take this '02 manually through the gears. She would easily keep up with a well sorted 2002.

Some of you remember the auction and said many kind things about the car. She sold for an amazing: drum rolls, $34,500. Probably tii territory at the time. All the time I owned her, buddies would snicker and say, "Oh, you will take a 25% hit and more because she does not even have a sunroof." I would counter with all the arguments above about automatic cars being pampered.

I rest my case.

Congrats to David Grobisen - very well bought at $60k ... should be a new member here very soon.
I never thought our member entrance fee is higher than the Pebble Beach Country Club (18k$)...
Our grass must be greener I guess.

Back