Belt Line Trim fasteners

BorgBmw

Reaction score
Hi, looking to try to track down 6 of the plastic trim fasteners for the belt line trim. Here is a photo. Any help greatly appreciated. W&N has them, but it cost 50 bucks to ship a 10 cent piece. Also, not sure if the coupe sill trim uses the same piece. They look the same, just a different color based on W&N catalog.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1999.jpeg
    IMG_1999.jpeg
    717.2 KB · Views: 18
Hi, looking to try to track down 6 of the plastic trim fasteners for the belt line trim. Here is a photo. Any help greatly appreciated. W&N has them, but it cost 50 bucks to ship a 10 cent piece. Also, not sure if the coupe sill trim uses the same piece. They look the same, just a different color based on W&N catalog.

Thanks

This doesn’t make sense. Your photos are not for belt line trim.
Call me- before 12 noon.

Now i am not really knowledgeable about e3 stuff, but the pictures in post 1 are used on an e9 to mount the shiny aluminium+rubber trim on the black steel rocker cover. It's at ankle height.

When you say "waist trim" we all think of the alu strips that wrap around the (almost) entire car at waist height.

Some more info on the clips in your pic here, showing them mounted:
Post in thread 'Fixing that little rust spot...' https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/fixing-that-little-rust-spot.18521/post-195002

Those are correct for the waist trim for an E3 and they have major flaws as I have mentioned in the past. First, the trim often cannot get flush enough with the car for those clips to catch, that is why you use small o-rings. It allows the fastener to stick out just enough to make the connection with the trim and also seals the hole. Second, these are placed in the hole and then the center peg is tapped to expand the fastener inside. I found that tapping them sometimes requires some effort and you can actually "pucker" the metal (door or whatever). Just be careful with these. I never checked to see if the E9 fasteners will fit into the belt trim and thus, eliminate the problems I stated.

Back