Beltline Trim

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all. I haven't started on bodywork yet, but wondered, is the plastic under the beltline trim something that can be bought or is there a suitable substitute? I didn't see it on W&N. Thanks!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's been NLA for quite some time.... One of the hardest things to find in good condition is the beltline trim rubber. I found a set of NOS from a guy named Sevan. You can call to see if he's made any more buying trips to Germany. He has a 2002 Auto Repair place in Sun Valley CA. Shop # is 818-899-4999. Keep in mind, I barely know the guy, just bought my set including the metal off him on ebay a while ago. It was as described but I typically hate recommending anyone in case anything goes wrong, so proceed knowing that. Re: Substitute material, have not heard of any. Good Luck. -GB

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh man.... Very much appreciate the info. Well, I do bounce around that area once in a while, so maybe I'll give him a try, but I understand it's a long shot. Maybe I can figure out an alternative when I get that part of the build!..:)

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Carl has the new product devised by Mr. Cain

That sounds like a Cold War era encrypted message...I suddenly imagined Clint Eastwood smuggling a supersonic jet out of Russia....:). Sorry, I get distracted easily... Is that Carl Nelson in LaJolla?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yep- machined precision plastic offsets.
I think they are .003"??
Nice
Call Carl

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting, that is new to me. I'll check it out today or next week when I'm back at his shop and give feedback. He never mentioned anything about that, must be super new.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E3?
Yikes! I thought it was e9 talk!
Thank you Mr. Chris