Best Coupe Year 1968-1975

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since it is the end of the year, website activity is low and in a few days we will all have some time on our hands does anyone have an opinion on which of the 8 years of E9 Coupe is the best and why?

Many active members have encyclopedic knowledge of our Coupes and a discussion of the finer points of each year may help those of us without the knowledge to gain a better appreciation of each of the yearly variants.

To be fair the CS and CSi should be broken into one class and CSLs another. If we keep it simple and list the year of your choice and then itemize the features that, in your opinion, make it the best it could make for an interesting thread.

Regards, Jon :)

Is this like Santa and a xmas wish list?

Best feature? The very best feature?

No rust ......

Happy Holidays Jon!

The best Coupe

The best coupe is the one you own and can actually drive frequently!
IMHO, the best feature is the style which all coupes share. It brings a smile to my face just walking up to her! Many people (apparently) share this opinion as I get waves and thumbs-up whenever I take her out for a run.

Merry Christmas

Stan

Yes, the best coupe is one You drive. But if helps if it runs cool, is injected, and the dangerous rust has been dealt with. I have a favorite color, Polaris, but have learned to like and appreciate even the funky, in my eye's opinion, oranges and greens.

I am liking more and more the 2000CS. The nose is growing on me, and the interior is to die for. It looks richer and custom made, and that's probably why BMW didn't morp it into our. More $$$s.
They are all beautiful.

PS. At the two car shows I take my coupe to NOONE passes without at least a hard look. Most stop and share the love of coupes lost and sold or desired.

I like the sound that my 2 zenith carburetors make when I floor the pedal and shift high up in th rev range althought I also like the injection systems for their wizardry. I can't count the number of times I've been waved over or someone came over to say "my dad had one of those" or "I always wanted one of those" etc - I've learned to see it in there eyes when they approach! So yes the best coupe is the one out on the road giving people a nice dose of nostalgia.

Yes, the best coupe is one You drive. But if helps if it runs cool, is injected, and the dangerous rust has been dealt with. I have a favorite color, Polaris, but have learned to like and appreciate even the funky, in my eye's opinion, oranges and greens.

I am liking more and more the 2000CS. The nose is growing on me, and the interior is to die for. It looks richer and custom made, and that's probably why BMW didn't morp it into our. More $$$s.
They are all beautiful.

PS. At the two car shows I take my coupe to NOONE passes without at least a hard look. Most stop and share the love of coupes lost and sold or desired.

Back