Better than Twitter!

But Elon will want to install electric motors in all our coupes. Oops, I sold mine and now driving a very low mileage, original 02. But he will have an electric for her too you can be sure.

Poor Elon is getting the cancel treatment now for switching party allegiance... it is getting ugly.
What the WH is doing in ignoring Tesla's leading role in the US electric vehicle revolution is pathetic, just because they are not unionized.
Well my expression "poor Elon" is probably also pathetic :).

Two interesting calculations-

total number of US automotive workers vs number of Tesla workers

total percentage of EV sales in US vs percentage of Tesla EV sales

Tesla has 70% of the sales and only 110,000 employees

that number is going change so quickly…..

that number is going change so quickly…..
....probably increase as a percent of US EV sales (at least for the next couple of years). With the new Austin factory coming on line last month, capacity should more than double and Tesla sales are capacity restrained not demand restrained. The legacy auto makers were caught flat footed when Tesla showed that the market is much larger than the legacy makers expected.

The big problems for the competition are how to ramp production of their EVs and how to make a profit with them. Neither are simple tasks and they are having a hard time with both.

Their dealer networks that have to be subsidized by the sales price of the vehicle are not helping any. EVs need essentially no maintenance and with only a fraction of the parts of an ICE, need far less repair. Customers already hate the dealer sales model. Dealers will fight their demise to the bitter end further handicapping the legacy manufacturers ability to compete.

Here's Q1 EV sales in the US...

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.42.17 AM.png

In California (the 5th largest economy in the world), Tesla Model Y and Model 3 outsold ANY vehicle...including all ICE vehicles.

1. Model Y 21,812 sold
2. Model 3 21,506
3. Toyota Rav4 15,900

....probably increase as a percent of US EV sales (at least for the next couple of years). With the new Austin factory coming on line last month, capacity should more than double and Tesla sales are capacity restrained not demand restrained. The legacy auto makers were caught flat footed when Tesla showed that the market is much larger than the legacy makers expected.

The big problems for the competition are how to ramp production of their EVs and how to make a profit with them. Neither are simple tasks and they are having a hard time with both.

Their dealer networks that have to be subsidized by the sales price of the vehicle are not helping any. EVs need essentially no maintenance and with only a fraction of the parts of an ICE, need far less repair. Customers already hate the dealer sales model. Dealers will fight their demise to the bitter end further handicapping the legacy manufacturers ability to compete.

Here's Q1 EV sales in the US...

View attachment 141472

In California (the 5th largest economy in the world), Tesla Model Y and Model 3 outsold ANY vehicle...including all ICE vehicles.

1. Model Y 21,812 sold
2. Model 3 21,506
3. Toyota Rav4 15,900

Tesla was much better equipped to handle the chip shortage in 2021 than other manufacturers. Kind of reminds me after WW ll when independents beat the big three with post war redesigns. I’d watch for Hyundai and Kia to make a run at Tesla’s dominance.

Elon picked up a fight with California, with Putin, and with the Biden White House.
Marlboro should be doing their iconic Marlboro Man commercial with Elon driving a Tesla into the horizon...

Back