Bilstein shocks

Those are the correct part numbers you want. I think that they are the only currently available Bilsteins for E9 coupes.

Can't help you with a UK source.

In your other post, you said you wanted to lower your car some. You should be aware that the Bilsteins may actually raise it slightly. Also, in my 30 years experience with Bilsteins, they go through a "break-in period" where they ride harder at first (few hundred miles??) so you need to be prepared for this.

cheers all.

i'm a bit confused now about what i need.

Am i correct in thinking that the bilstein HD's are slightly stiffer than the stock shocks and the bilstein sports are even stiffer?

i don't want to higher the ride height any more, its getting near beach buggy level at the moment!

Can somebody please advise me on the best combination of shocks and springs i should go for front and rear, if i want to lower the ride height slightly and firm up the ride a bit, but not so much that its bone shattering!

James,

Assume all the suspension bushes on your car are fine?
If not that can cause the car to wallow about a bit

To Continue....

Bilstiens marketing can be a bit confusing as HD (Heavy duty) can be the same as "sports" depending on the country they are sold in. However the basic differences are the valving for the compression and rebound stroke rates.

I would suggest the best combination is to buy a complete "kit" from any
of the recognised makers:
Bilstien
Jamex
to name but two

I would suggest you go no more than 25mm (1 inch) lowering, anymore than this you will be looking at:
1...Modifying the rear subframe to "kill" the negative camber.
2...Wiping out the exhaust system on every speed bump in town.

I would aviod the "purple nova with blue neon squirters" type suppliers
and ask people like Jaymic and Demon Tweeks for opinions and what kits they can supply.

Finally you can always talk to Leda suspension who make adjustable dampers and can also provide springs in what ever poundage rate you require.
HTH
Malc

Back