Bilstien Shocks & Struts

DougE

Site Donor
Reaction score
What should I excpect to pay for a set of Bilstiens for my 1973 CS and where's the best place to buy them.

Thanks, D.

jamesr

Reaction score
i'm not really sure what you'd expect to pay in the US. In the UK there's only a few stockists that supply bilstein HD's for an e9. For the 2 struts and 2 shocks you'd be looking at just over £400 ( $800 ).

I eventually decided to ship mine from the US from here...

http://www.eshocks.com/bil_veh.asp?Model_Index=1Q35&Manf=Bilstein&SubChar=Q

http://www.eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=4Q21&SubChar=Q

they have an offer for all 4, so even with the shipping they were a hell of a lot cheaper than buying them in the UK.

james

mandala

Reaction score
$480 for me

I paid around $480 for a set from bavarian auto awhile back when they were on sale. Free shippng as well......
Jeff in pdx

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Best buy I have been able to find, free shipping

http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/html/show_shocks.asp?make='BMW'&model='2800,%203.0CS,%203.0CSi'&year='1973'

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Shocks

Doesn't work as point and click. You'll have to copy and paste the whole address. Click and drag from the back, not from the front, then copy and paste on your browser.

Good Luck

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In the spirit of supporting those who support us, consider calling Mesa Performance or Carl Nelson. You may not get the cheapest price out there, but you'll be helping perpetuate businesses that can provide you with parts, service and knowledge that you cannot buy from cheapestshoxontheweb.com... 8)

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Good suggestion about Carl. I think I'll order a set from him.

BTW, does anyone have any comments about the spring kits he sells? He says they lower the front about 1.5" and the rear about 0.5"; unfortunately he was out of stock when I asked about them.

My E9 seems to be sagging about 1" on the driver side rear. I've ordered new spring cushions and I was thinking about Carl's springs instead of stock. I figure they'll help me scrape speed bumps and low parking stops better.

mandala

Reaction score
I have his springs...

My set up includes both Bilsteins and Carls springs and i love it. It handles great and does not have a harch ride at all. i also did sway bars and a fixed camber kit (all on Carl's recomendation) and have no regreats.
Jeff in pdx

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Bulstein HD's & Carls spring set

Had Carl install this setup nearly 12 years along with larger sway bars for 50K+ miles--if you decide to install--it is highly advisable to roll about 90 degrees of the upper section of your front fenders to avoid contact with the rubber at driveways or dips in the roadway when also turning in--unrolled--not pretty. This setup is taut and sure footed for high speed, for twisties, blue roads where you are trying to make good tome or just enjoying the drive--

mandala

Reaction score
rolling the fenders is a must!

Yes definetly roll the fenders. I know for a fact! This winter i need to get some paint work done on my fenders to repair the damage!
Jeff in pdx