Bimmerfest 2008: Santa Barbara, CA

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bimmerfest

I guess I will have to do this at least once even though there will only be a handful of vintage BMWs. However, I am already preparing myself for the shock of seeing once perfectly fine BMWs with scissor doors, 22 inch wheels, 10,000 watt sound systems, iridescent paint, etc. And as long as these road racers, who travel at 90-100 MPH up Coast Highway to demonstrate their driving prowess on the way to Bimmerfest, don't cause an accident that takes me out with them.

:)

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
My sentiments--based on attending two BIMMERFEST's--

It's the place for the "Young and Restless" bunch who are in the majority there who have acquired a new ride and are determined to "improve" tham with bling or other factory omissions--

its just life that us old-timers are viewed by that group as either simply--"out of touch", "not with it" or an "old dinosauer" and certainly "illiterate with X-box" or I-pods, etc.--probably unable to understand the importance of 5,000 watts of a special sound system--instead of being content to listen to the "Music of Munich"--or such mundane activities with their old out of date BMW's--whats the matter--can't you afford a new one?--or--if not, lease it.

They will gain some experience with the reality of depreciation when the time comes soon to replsce his customized ride unless now well grounded in life--and that's refreshing when you do see that quality in our youth !