Black CS w/3.5 @ Canepa

jmackro

Reaction score
Wow, that's one ridiculously nice e9.

I didn't see a price after a quick read of the Canepa site. Did I miss it, or is this a "if you have to ask..." situation?

The write-up says "Nardi steering wheel". Looks more like a Petri to me. Do I win the car if I'm the first to catch the typo?

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Question? Why no elephant skin in the trunk? Did some coupes come from the factory just painted without skin? Second, there is only one knob below the pw switches. I have never seen one, always two. Why?

No photos of tools, no "pressboard" shield below the radiator. Available from BMW for $125 including original clips. That may be $225, somebody correct me.

Steve

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice car - I was wondering about the lack of a trunk carpet also. The extra switch for 74 I think is a sunroof switch yet one is not mentioned.

Question? Why no elephant skin in the trunk? Did some coupes come from the factory just painted without skin? Second, there is only one knob below the pw switches. I have never seen one, always two. Why?

No photos of tools, no "pressboard" shield below the radiator. Available from BMW for $125 including original clips. That may be $225, somebody correct me.

Steve

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
IMHO--well north of $30K----

In spite of missing finish items in the trunk to original equipment standards--carpet, elephant skin and wheel arch covers--with all other very desirable plusses I'll be surprised if it's offered for less than $50K

TodB

Reaction score
car

Neat way to hide the GPS but preserve the original dash approach.

For those of us owners, here's hoping he/she gets the $75K but that seems a bit steep. I don't think (again hope) that $50K is not out of the realm but I'm biased :wink:. For that price and for a non CSL, it would have to be perfect and need literally nothing. This one still has some minor bits missing (minor) but it looks terrific.

And finally, here's also hoping the new owner actually drives and enjoys the car rather than just staring at and polishing it.

alanmcg

Reaction score
me too!

i too hope this car brings $75k, as my car is virtually identical (in fjord). i agree that $75k is a little high, but imo anything under $60k would be a good purchase (assuming no rust), as thats about how much i have in my car. also agree with tod re garage queen - i drive my car every day.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting touch that the odometer was set back to 00000 at restoration. It shows miles since restoration.

I think I saw the car at La Jolla while it was being restored.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
I too concur...anything less than $60k would be highway robbery.

Wonder if anyone here knows how much better the 5 series window regulator works than our slow poke window motors 2) if those were 5 series auto driver/passenger mirrors pictured?

Beemer70

Reaction score
Looks a bit weird with the suspension all jacked up...not a good look.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks a bit weird with the suspension all jacked up...not a good look.

What are you seeing? The picture I am looking at don't show a jacked up look.
This car looks great to me. I suppose you could lower the suspension with sport springs and shocks but.....

d-ace

Reaction score
Love them colors that’s the colors I was setting my CSI up for, actually I was going to paint it dark BMW graphite.

The 16” tires and rims gives it the higher ride look but it looks good. Personally I like the two piece BBS 16” rims myself with high-end Pirelli Tires never had one ever balance out at more than ¼ oz weight and they track unbelievable.