Blaupunkt radio question

dascoupeguy

Reaction score
My project car, 72 3.0cs, came with a Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio, Model # 7 630 629. It did not have the user's manual. If anyone has one for reference I would appreciate answers to a couple of questions...

The On/off/volume switch also has a push/pull feature... what is that for?

There was no obvious 'hot wire' for a power antenna...was there supposed to be on this radio?

Any sugesstions would be appreciated. thanks, DCG

Gernstetter

Reaction score
My project car, 72 3.0cs, came with a Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio, Model # 7 630 629. It did not have the user's manual. If anyone has one for reference I would appreciate answers to a couple of questions...

The On/off/volume switch also has a push/pull feature... what is that for?

There was no obvious 'hot wire' for a power antenna...was there supposed to be on this radio?

Any sugesstions would be appreciated. thanks, DCG

I have the same radio....not sure about the push pull on the left side....sounds like something is loose? Also, that radio does not have to my knowledge there is no direct hot wire for the power antenna....does your car have an antenna? Most were mounted on the left front fender and manual...typically a Hirschmann, you can still get those repro....otherwise you have some wiring to do....if you leave the original radio in the car without extra speakers, just get the manual antenna and buy a JAMBOX to listen to music with your smartphone....there are usually manuals available over here on Ebay, but they are pretty lame....someone out there would know more than me....would be helpful if you post a photo of the radio....if you have the matching silver center knobs, you are ahead of the game...there is a mounting kit on German Ebay right now that has the wiring diagram and instructions...about $100....regards, Rob

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is it a push/pull on the left knob or a toggle switch?

A push/pull could be to attenuate the signal before it goes into the input stage. I think it has to do with the non-linearity of FM modulation which is in itself a fascinating topic. It could take this thread from a knob question to the use of the mathematical Bessel function I swear I once knew.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wayne,

I have the same radio. Left is either local/distant for FM reception or Mono/Stereo. Under the tuning knob provides the other function, toggles left right. Since mine is stereo both switches tend to reduce the signal.