Blue 1971 2800 CS on BaT

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Surprised this doesn’t have a thread yet.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good catch and comment re: the choice of transmission. I’m surprised they went that route with all the write-ups and knowledge available on which transmissions to use. I don’t think the 245 would be a good choice for an m30.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My advice from March 2023:

You have chosen some personal customizations that for most people, take away from these cars. If you are to sell them, I suggest that you remove all the contrasting colors on the wheels, engine bay, interior, and trim. No red, blue, or gold paint, vinyl, or fabric anywhere. Paint your wheels silver on both cars. Use factory amber indicator lenses and factory headlights. Remove all excess BMW roundels, and any BMW motorsport roundels. The e9 already has 8 roundels on the exterior, and a roundel on the valve cover. We know it is a BMW.

Some of these modifications you have done are too personal. It is akin to having family photos up when you sell your home. Market your car to what the buyer wants, not what you want. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that your style modifications are so novel that they increase the value of your car. The most outrageously modified e9’s still don’t deviate in this department. You can do whatever you want just accept that polarizing personal touches reduce your target audience.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now I'm curious to see this work of art. What thread was that in?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh... THAT one...

Thanks Chris.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'd break out the heat gun and remove all that ugly insulation off the front shock towers/inner fenders.

Prospective buyers wants to see what all that looks like underneath.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am surprised. Not sure if I should be. Hopefully the new owner is happy.
Hi Chris, why do you think new owner shouldn't be happy, lets assume it is very poor restoration, its got a brand new paint, new complete rebuilt engine, tell me what other thing can go wrong, few bolt is not a original or AC is a big deal to you, I don't just understand, buyer didn't pay 150K, he can spend another 50K on it and make it what he like to be, and he is head of other buyers that they pay 150K, please correct me if I am wrong people pay 30 to 40K for untouched rust bucket and they are happy, just because it is not restored the way you want, or maybe you want to proof you know more than others, yes they all know your knowledge, you are very good at renew things, not every one is like you, how ever I sold both of the car and I got one more, that I learn from this two car and the last one I will fix it for myself the way I like not the way people like, and it is not for sale, I hope you stop complaining from peoples car.
I'd break out the heat gun and remove all that ugly insulation off the front shock towers/inner fenders.

Prospective buyers wants to see what all that looks like underneath.
I have another one that I am restoring for my self, and I will not put that ugly things, what is there it will not come of and believe me absorb lots of road noise, on my inka Orange I will put it on from under the fender, that will do the same work, I learn a lot from this two car that I hope my 3rd one will be the best out of this 3 car, I am making it look like CSL what most important that I learn the coil over is stupid shock that takes lots of money and work, bot it doesn't worth the sh***

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Telll us more about your coilover experience.

I bought the same BC Racing coilovers, but haven't installed them yet.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Telll us more about your coilover experience.

I bought the same BC Racing coilovers, but haven't installed them yet.
Return the dam thing it is not worth to try you won't be happy with it, sale and buy a Bilstein instead, with original coil, and if you want to lower it just cut one roll of original coil.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
INteresting. I had them on my G37S convertible and absolutely loved the ride.
Hello, I don't know what you had but 2 of my E9 I install the Coilover when I drive it look like frontend will fall apart and you can not aline properly for adjustment you have to take the complete shock out then do it and rear spring dos not match you can not use it now if you have extra few thousand and few day of work do it.