BMW 3.0 CSL REVIVAL

Motorsport

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any comments on the 3.0 CSL now unveiled by BMW although in camouflage?

Attachments

• bmw-3.0-csl-2023-04-1534x1024.jpg
    bmw-3.0-csl-2023-04-1534x1024.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 110

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
What was the price of the original CSL c/w a CS or CSi? My point is, I think many could afford to buy a CSL back then, not likely now.

I have to say, too muscular for me. There is nothing subtle as with the original.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have to say, too muscular for me. There is nothing subtle as with the original.
I agree. Even the original CSL (to me) detracts from the beautiful original CS, CSi shape.

I don't believe this current "hot wheels" trend of tacked on bumps, curves, vents, spoilers, wings etc, is a lasting look.

I'm encouraged, however, by the organic shapes coming out of some of the EV makers....maybe out of necessity?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
What was the price of the original CSL c/w a CS or CSi? My point is, I think many could afford to buy a CSL back then, not likely now.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up. 7499 GBP in 1973, or about 84000 GBP in today's money. So in the low 100s in USD.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
See what they've done there tastefully paying homage to to original BAT wide body kit.
*Asking for a friend as he just can't see it..

Motorsport

Site Donor
Reaction score
I understand it is a limited production run of 50 cars only in celebration of the 50th anniversary of ///M (although at a hefty price).

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Basically a body kit on an already very overwrought car. It certainly doesn't add 250k in value over the base. But the market will tell. Some of the previous F82 gen M4 special editions didn't sell well since they took away many things people actually want -- like door handles, so these sat around dealer showrooms forever. Nonetheless, I'm hopeful the grille makes it onto the production 4. It's considerably better than the much-maligned gape of the current car.