BMW 3.0CSL

renzo

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm searching any information about the 3.0CSL.

I know that it was 3 series of CSL for a total producion of 1265 cars.

Série I (1971-1972)
169 CSL with 3.0 motor (2985ccm) and carburators (180 HP)

Série 2 (1972-1973)
429 CSL with 3.0 motor (3003 ccm) fuel injection (200 HP) and LHD
500 CSL with 3.0 motor (3003 ccm) fuel injection (200 HP) and RHD
110 CSL with 3.2 motor (3153ccm) fuel injection (206 HP) and LHD

Série 3 (1974-1975)
57 CSL with 3.2 motor (3153ccm) fuel injection (206 HP) and LHD

Does anybody know the range of prices for each model ?

Does anybody have any experience with the 3.0CSL or know good website about the CSL ?

Thank's

[Broken External Image]:http://www.bmw-coupeclub.de/Prospekte/Fahrzeuge/6 Zylinder/Position 08.1/CSL-rot_01.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.bmw-coupeclub.de/Prospekte/Fahrzeuge/6 Zylinder/Position 08.3/CSL-gelb_05.jpg

Good Site?
You have found it! Welcome to the home of several E9 Nutters, and I mean that in a nice way :D

If you troll through earlier posts you will find threads relating to the numbers of all variants of the E9 built.

However if you are after prices etc then this is a minefield related to location, country, condition, which I will leave up to others to discuss!
Malc

Hi Renzo,
In terms of CSL prices e.g. in Switzerland in 1973-1975 I don't think you will find a better source than the 'Automobil Revue' from those years.
As you probably know this publication is published in Switzerland in German and French

ok thank you, but I wanted to know about the current prices for CSL in particular the 3.2 motor version, produced in 167 pieces. The revue automobil that I know very good, present the prices for the year of production.

I know that it may be different from country to country and between series of CSL, but what could be the range of prices for a model that is complete but need a fully restoration ?

CSL prices tend to start at 40k US, although your major hurdle will be finding one of the 3.2L CSLs in the first place. Like you said, there were only 152 models made in the first place, probably less than that now. Any that are known are in the hands of collectors, which you will have to pry from their cold, dead hands.

There is a '75 CSL Bat coming up at the Christies auction in Monterey, CA on 14-16 August with an estimate of US$150-190k.

Tyler
'73 CSL Inka

All right, Ferrari money. Let the trickle-down effect begin!

Now taking offers for my CS starting at 100k. :lol:

Back