BMW Classic Center

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
BMW Classsic Center

Looks very promising. Now they need to open one in the US. Mercedes I believe has its classic center in SoCal. How about one for BMW in Spartanburg, SC, where they can use the infrastructure that is already there at the factory?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I'd be down with sending my E9 there. I imagine it causes some consternation with the likes of Coupeking and Carl Nelson, though, depending on the prices.

feri

Reaction score
Hmm.

Do we talk about that classic center, which lied for years about 'no private car restauration for outsiders', but if you had the money you could give your car for them to restaurate it ?

Do we talk about that classic center, which incorrectly built an inka bmw 2002 tii ? See the related bmw2002faq topic

Do we talk about that classic center, which incorrectly restored almost any bmw owned historic car, which are displayed at the bmw museum ? Even a beginner bmw owner can should spot lots of problem with these cars = these cars are not 100% percent original

De we talk about that classic center, which in NOT pushing bmw constantly to remanufacture the NLA 02 / e3 / e9 / e12 / e21 / e23 / e24 / e28 part ?

So if we talk about this nonsence classic center, then my opinion is clear: no, thank you!

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Hmm.

Do we talk about that classic center, which lied for years about 'no private car restauration for outsiders', but if you had the money you could give your car for them to restaurate it ?

Do we talk about that classic center, which incorrectly built an inka bmw 2002 tii ? See the related bmw2002faq topic

Do we talk about that classic center, which incorrectly restored almost any bmw owned historic car, which are displayed at the bmw museum ? Even a beginner bmw owner can should spot lots of problem with these cars = these cars are not 100% percent original

De we talk about that classic center, which in NOT pushing bmw constantly to remanufacture the NLA 02 / e3 / e9 / e12 / e21 / e23 / e24 / e28 part ?

So if we talk about this nonsence classic center, then my opinion is clear: no, thank you!

Interesting. Please post the 2002faq link, as a bit of searching did not turn up a thread like you are describing, and it sounds like something important to read.

jmackro

Reaction score
I'd be down with sending my E9 there. I imagine it causes some consternation with the likes of Coupeking and Carl Nelson, though, depending on the prices.

Well, if BMW Classic Center's prices are anything like those charged by the MB center here in Orange County, I don't think Coupeking and Carl Nelson have anything to worry about. Peter and Carl can serve the "Walmart" segment of the market, while the Classic Center goes after the "Neiman Marcus" set.

feri

Reaction score

x_atlas0

Reaction score

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Orangener

Reaction score
BMW-classic center said:
The challenges vary as widely as the vehicles themselves. And they are seldom straightforward: for example, the owner of the 3.0 CSi wants to have an automatic gearbox installed in his 1970s coupé, to replace the original manual gearbox. Because this combination was never on sale, independent workshops had to admit defeat. Not so the BMW Classic Center: on a trial basis in February 1972, BMW had fitted two of the high-performance coupés with automatic gearboxes. However, this variant never got beyond the prototype stage. Thanks to rapid and unrestricted access for BMW restorers to the documentation in the company archive, they are able to build a replica of this variant – completely faithful to the original. But this will take time, as quite a number of components have to be specially fabricated for it.

See link: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5911

shanon

Reaction score
"....will be an owner and also customer..."

LOL!!

I like the concept, but someone will have to step up to be our E9 Gueinie pig.
I can think of a project on mine I'd liked fixed to 'factory fresh'....

....we'll shall see
-s