BMW CSL pictures.

quarry

Reaction score
Hi , i have posted some pictures of the rebuild on my suspension/ brakes etc on the projects and restorations page if you would like to see some more pictures and description.
Thanks Neil.

5d4269b203615766daaf36d370daf5d2.jpg

Quarry, Is your car a right hand drive?
If so I see you have some nice loking headers on the engine, where did you get these from, our did you make these your self?

Steve

New Zealand

Hi Steve,
The car is r/h/d ,i bought the headers and system from Fritz bits, mine is supposed to be the 2nd one they have made ths 1st being the test unit, and i must say it fitted spot on and sound great :D . it cost me around £975+ vat. so if any one wants to buy one contact Richard at fritz bits.
Thanks Neil.

Holey Moley :wink:
That' s far too clean and tidy :lol:
I think you need a trip up to the highlands and a good thrash around the country roads of Scotland to add a certain "patina"

Very tidy 8)
Malc

quarry said:
Hi Steve,
The car is r/h/d ,i bought the headers and system from Fritz bits, mine is supposed to be the 2nd one they have made ths 1st being the test unit, and i must say it fitted spot on and sound great :D . it cost me around £975+ vat. so if any one wants to buy one contact Richard at fritz bits.
Thanks Neil.

Thanks for the tip .. had never heard of Fritz Bits before. You mention that the fit is very good, how about the sound? I notice that there are 3 silencers which I suppose keeps the sound somewhat muffled?
Could you post a sound byte?

Regards
Torben

Holey Moley :wink:
That' s far too clean and tidy :lol:
I think you need a trip up to the highlands and a good thrash around the country roads of Scotland to add a certain "patina"

Very tidy 8)
Malc

I'll have to post some pics of the underside of mine Malc, which reminds me I should really post up my restoration.

Very nice car quarry, I like the headers unfortunatley I can't afford that sort of money at the moment so it's staying stock for now.

What model of BMW is your gearbox Crossmember from?

5 speed gearbox and cross member are from a 1981 e12 M535i, also fitted the roll bars from same car.
Total BMW are coming over tomorrow to take some pictures of the car for a feature in the magazine :D . will let you know how things go.
Neil.

no its an overdrive, i think it had been changed in the E12 m535i before i got the car, which i would prefer for motorway driving.
Thanks Neil.

Back