BMW M5 CS

SamiA

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting: BMW introduces the most powerful M5 ever with legendary CS letters: BMW M5 CS

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The M5 CS uses the same twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 as the rest of the M5 range. Here, this engine produces 627 horsepower, an increase of 10 hp over the M5 Competition. Torque output is unchanged at 553 pound-feet, and that power gets to the wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission. BMW says the M5 CS can accelerate to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds -- there's that quickest-ever spec -- though that's only 0.2 seconds off the Competition's 3.1-second time. The CS gets a revised exhaust with stainless steel tips, so it should sound pretty sweet under full acceleration assault, too

And smaller kidney grills!!!

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the CS is going to be at the top of the M car line up - even above the M Competition models. The new M2 CS is amazing, I'd love to own one and you can still get a stick.

Watch, a bunch of our CSL and CSi owners will be rebadging their coupes to CSs. :)

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazing a RWD sedan do that in under 3 seconds. Too fast for me to enjoy though.