BMW Marine?

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I tried to get my step-father to have a BMW Marine engine installed in his Hankins (Lavallette, NJ) but noooooo, got a Chrysler Slant Six instead.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cool boat
And then there are the beautiful speed boats? BMW built to compete with the ones the Italians were producing.

Bill in Stockton, I guess your step-father's choice falls under the category of: The Sins of Our Fathers. In the sub-category of "Really Bad Automotive Choices."

I could fill the screen with some of my father's rarer choices. Everything from a first year Mustang, to suicide door Lincoln Continental to a Mercury Comet and on.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
And then there are the beautiful speed boats? BMW built to compete with the ones the Italians were producing.

Bill in Stockton, I guess your step-father's choice falls under the category of: The Sins of Our Fathers. In the sub-category of "Really Bad Automotive Choices."

I could fill the screen with some of my father's rarer choices. Everything from a first year Mustang, to suicide door Lincoln Continental to a Mercury Comet and on.
And he owned a 3.0s at the time, knew about BMW 6 cylinder smoothness. Alas, the Hankins was not a performance-oriented boat, it really was more suited to a Detroit mass-production engine.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And he owned a 3.0s at the time, knew about BMW 6 cylinder smoothness. Alas, the Hankins was not a performance-oriented boat, it really was more suited to a Detroit mass-production engine.
But what a kicker it would have been, stuffing one of those babies into the white bread Hankins. A real sleeper.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here's a nice little speed boat with an M10 in it

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...hille-500-gt-baujahr-1973/1111749524-211-1162

$_57.JPG