BMW of SF is selling a 71 2800cs

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
I have a CD full of pictures of this car and the car is really not that nice compared to the asking price. The interior was redone VERY poorly, IMHO, and the owner, who is the owner of BMW San Francisco, doesn't appear to take very good care of his cars.

I passed on this one about a year ago when I was looking for a Green E9.

Just last week I received an email from someone at BMW SF asking if I was still interested in the car so I would imagine inquiries on it have been pretty slow.

Just my 2 cents.

Cad

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a similar experience as Cad.

My impression is that the seller, doesn't really care/is too busy to care about these lower priced cars. He owns a dealership and vintage races a CSL, but then doesn't know much about the cars he's selling. I don't know if this is one of the cars, but I was after one that he ended up with after buying a lot (as in "together", not "many") of cars from the Vasek P. estate. He was asking a high price but didn't back anything up with detailed photos or evidence of paperwork. As a side note, that car also looked to have a good body but the interior and much of the exterior trim was not original as he stated. His email replies were frustrating because it was like he didn't even read the question and just replied with vague answers like: its clean.
Hopefully he has put these sales on to one of his employees who knows how to get it done.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Yes, this is one of the group of Vasek cars, according to what he told me.

Last year he was asking, as I recall, around $26K for it.

It's not a $26K car.

Cad