BMW Parts

+1 I just received a bunch of parts from him including his last NOS e9 window gearbox for $25 :p

i was trying to check out with a few things and the site went down ... haven't been able to get back in ... and there were a few things in my basket.

Last edited:
Ordered from the Ultimate Garage: Blower Motor, Radiator Cap, Water Pump Gasket.
The rad cap will replace the current one of unknown origin. The other two are essential spares.
Why is he selling off his parts?

Just ordered some bits

Just ordered a load of bits.......you know the "just in case" bits.

Seems a really nice guy, certainly very helpful.

Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Pete

Right BMW Pete, talked to Steve this afternoon about shipping address. He is terrific to work with, quite generous, and knows his stuff.
It seems right after Chris, above, posted things got real busy. Good for him.

Steve

i was able to get several things on order today as well. good stuff - thanks for alerting us Chris

+1 :-o
Thanks Chris, have sent an email to him last night for some 'back-up' parts too
Love seeing those pics of all the parts on the shelves, wish part of my garage can be like that.

i was able to get several things on order today as well. good stuff - thanks for alerting us Chris

Why, oh why, do sell-offs like this always happen in California? How about NJ for a change?

Because most coupes live in sunny, warm, salt-free CA where you guys can do cars and coffee every weekend year round. It is called Climate Envy. NJ has Christie. No contest.

air hose couplers

FWIW, I highly recommend the safety type air couplers Steve sells. These 2 stage couplers make it impossible for any air tool to pop off the end of a hose or to fall off because it's not all the way on the coupler.

Steve has been around for quite a while and along with Michelle Pitot, were the major source for parts for our BMW's on the east coast (starting like 25 years ago). He told me that with the internet parts sites (AutoHaus AZ, RM European, BMA, Pelican etc), he can no longer compete. The Ultimate garage will still exist but just not sell parts. He is a straight up guy and has been an asset for us.

i hope the rest of you got what you ordered. the one part i really needed, and the reason i ordered some other things ... wasn't shipped and my credit card was credited. the down side was that i got a notice confirming the order and another one notifying me of the shipping ... but NOTHING about not being able to fill the entire order.

Back