BMW repair shop in Chicago

Moved to OT since it isn’t e9 related.

Given that he will need to drop the car off it would be good to get a major city. Is he downtown or in the suburbs. If so, where? “Chicagoland” is huge. There are plenty of shops that can make this happen.

Is he downtown or in the suburbs. If so, where? “Chicagoland” is huge.
Almost completely unrelated, but... My wife and I lived IN CHICAGO for years. We lived downtown in a neighborhood called Printer's Row (just south of the loop - two blocks south of the loop). When we traveled, we'd meet people all over the country. Countless times, when we'd say we're from Chicago, people would reply: "Oh, we're from Chicago, too". When we ask where they lived, they'd say Naperville, or some other wildly distant, random suburb. Naperville is NOT Chicago. It bothered us, and yet was so hilarious. But the odds are against us. A megalopolis of 8 million people, and only 2 million living within the "city limits".

Almost completely unrelated, but... My wife and I lived IN CHICAGO for years. We lived downtown in a neighborhood called Printer's Row (just south of the loop - two blocks south of the loop). When we traveled, we'd meet people all over the country. Countless times, when we'd say we're from Chicago, people would reply: "Oh, we're from Chicago, too". When we ask where they lived, they'd say Naperville, or some other wildly distant, random suburb. Naperville is NOT Chicago. It bothered us, and yet was so hilarious. But the odds are against us. A megalopolis of 8 million people, and only 2 million living within the "city limits".

Same here except I’m one of those people use creative liberty when saying “Chicago”. Also “Denver” and “Phoenix”.

Restoration quality, The Werkshop in Libertyville
North side, Bimmer Workshop, 4425 West Montrose
West Suburbs, BMW whisperer Ben Thongsai's magical yard - https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/95022-bmw-mechanic-in-chicago/
Farther west, mom-and-pop Euro repair: Hi-Line European Auto, 410 Ogden Ave, Downers Grove
More sophisticated race prep and general straight-shooters, Al at Chicago Performance and Tuning at www.gocpt.com
Or if you really want to go nuts with throttle-bodies and want to hang out with Porsche guys, better call Sol: https://perfectpowerinc.com/about-us/

Good luck!

one more suggestion - check out www.bimrs.org

Find a shop

BIMRS members agree to adhere to a Code of Ethics which is recognized as the standard for daily professional business practices. Find a BIMRS member in your area to assist you with all your service needs.

Thanks guys, I will pass this info onto my son Now, he wishes he would have paid more attention to the old man ! ablank35 now is the very best time to buy a convertible, cheaper now than in the spring or summer Ben sounds like my kind of guy

Thanks, Rick

I lived on Plymouth Ct before moving to Gold Coast for a number of years....small world!

I lived on Plymouth Ct before moving to Gold Coast for a number of years....small world!
Oh my! We first lived on Financial Place for a few years, but then moved to Plymouth Ct, too! We were in the Moser Building.

Okay... I was at 9th St and Wabash - across from original Buddy Guys. Imagine if all were coupe owners at that time!
Wow, we were all so close, really wish I did have my coupe back then. We could have all parked outside of George Diamond Steakhouse on Wabash and it would have looked like a Mob meeting :)

Back