BMW Treasure Trove

AndyM

Reaction score
My former assistant stopped into the office today to say hi. Her husband is a big car enthusiast and was clearing out a 30+ year collection of car magazines. He pretty much has every issue of Road & Track and Car & Driver from the mid-60s forward, all organized by year. That stuff is all going to the local auto museum.

HOWEVER, they thought I may be interested in some BMW literature they found and plopped a 3" stack of stuff on my desk. I started to thumb through it -- basically some E12 and E24 stuff from the mid-80's on top - dealer pamphlets, brochures, flyers -- that type of thing. Okay, that's pretty cool. Then I get a little further down and find some 320i literature and late 70's stuff (he had, in fact, bought a new 530i back in the day). About this time, I figure out that its in reverse chron order -- so I skip to the bottom and find original 1600 and 1602 dealer brochures, 2800 pamphlets, CS posters, 2002 brochures, tii brochures -- all sorts of stuff. The husband had basically been visiting Continental Motors in Oceanside to check out all of the new models since the late '60s AND KEPT IT ALL! My favorite is the fold-out brochure tracking BMW's racing history. I wish there was a better way to share all of this, but this will give you an idea:

BMW-1602.jpg

BMW-2800.jpg

BMW-PerformanceCover-1.jpg

BMWCSLaerodynamics.jpg

BMW-ArtCars.jpg

Pretty amazing!

Maybe a new section for the website dedicated to coupe literature over the years, including articles, pamphlets, brochures, etc??

I've been thinking of scanning some stuff to pdf anyway.

Anyone interested in adding to this website?

I wouldn't think to ask you to give up the e9 stuff, but if you have anything related to the e12 from 1974/1975, and you want to unload it... I'd love to have it. :)

Back