Bob Lutz quote in R&T

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
In a R&T article about the best drivers cars, Bob Lutz was quoted saying,

1966 BMW 1800 TISA: This was the precursor to the 5-series. TI meant fuel injection, and SA stood for Sonderausführung, or special edition. ”

Otherwise a nice article. Glad to see the Miata show up so many times. It was the first car that gave me the same delightful feeling of intuitive feedback, toss-ability and fun to drive after I had to sell all my 2002’s and buy a proper commuter car for getting to the office regardless of 8” of snow or sweltering midwestern summer heat&humidity and survive getting t-boned by Detroit iron.

Don’t understand why Samatha Tan is part of this group.

Wish Egan had picked the Westfield 11 over the Super-7 (yes the S7 is superior). At least he had a FF that is attainable by the average Joe/Jane who wants to go racing on his list.

Can’t believe an F40 has become so valuable (we all missed the boat on these)

John

I thought that was a really enjoyable article. Thank you for sharing, John. Lots of interesting opinions from a wide variety of people involved in the automotive world one way or the other.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with involving Samantha Tan. In this era where far fewer young people are interested in cars we can use as many fresh voices as we can get.

Back