Bonnet badge

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
DOes anyone know of a source for the original two part bonnet badge with raised letters? I remember hplug i think it was doing some a while ago? If not this might be a part to get made up out of machined aluminium?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i do have the original emblems and surprisingly both front and rear have a round support (parts 5 and 9), then the emblem, painted alu with raised letters are the same

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the original emblem on the hood of my coupe. Metallic / solid with enamel infill.

The rear looks to have been replaced and is plastic? Are these new BMW badges cast with enamel or formed plastic?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have the original emblem on the hood of my coupe. Metallic / solid with enamel infill.

The rear looks to have been replaced and is plastic? Are these new BMW badges cast with enamel or formed plastic?

They are formed plastic, as far as I can tell. Have one on my M3.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Badges

They are formed plastic, as far as I can tell. Have one on my M3.

Try Robert Eckardt in Hartheim Germany 49 7633 933 668

[email protected]

Robert has the largest stash of coupe parts in Europe, many NOS, found almost everything to restore my cs during a six hour fun fest in his shop! He also speaks fairly decent English, just talk slowly, regards, Rob

hplug

Reaction score
raised letter roundels

Hey Guys,
I was doing these for a while and although I did have some luck with both front and rear raised letter roundels and 2 piece these are a real pain. Towards the end these were running $250 for the set. The issue is I usually had to order several bases and roundels to find a match. There is such a small amount of tolerance to make them fit some would work and some would not. I have had better luck with the rears than the fronts and I am currently working on a set for a fellow couper. I have had my hands on hundreds of these and it can be done.
I would not recommend trying to fabricate these out of alum. as they will never look right.