Bonnet lock catches?

inovermyhead

Reaction score
How do the bonnet lock catches attach to the bonnet, are there some kind of adjustable fittings behind the bolt holes, because my bonnet seems to have lost them during the painting process.... Duh how can that have happened?
I'll check tomorrow for any rattling, meanwhile a bit stumped.

John

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pretty sure there are captive type nuts in there, maybe try and use a magnet with a cloth on it to see if you can pull them up to there they ought to be and then use a heavy grease to hold them while catching them with the bolt through the catch.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
So I've had a root around in the bonnet frame and no captive nuts to be found, one is still in place though. As the bonnet along with the rest of the car has just been painted welding anything in place is somthing I don't want to consider, anyone got any other solutions to attach the bonnet catches and allow for a bit of adjustment ?

Hotsizzle

Reaction score
I think the adjustment is in the bracket with elongated holes, On the bonnet, if the captive nuts have gone adrift you may be able to use what's called a nutsert,....basically its a threaded pop rivet, depending on the size of the hole left in the skin, which may be a square hole and the inserts are round...hope this helps !

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Had a good look with torch,mirror and Flexi magnet on a wire tool and all I could see were what looked like damaged/deformed cages that the captive nuts should sit in.... Very strange.

Would the rivnut solution allow for any movement given that the catches are designed for adjustment?