Bosch CSi parts / engine hesitation

OZCSi

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having an intermittent problem with my 3.0csi that needs attention. Every second or third time I turn it on, it shudders and hesitates below 2000rpm during the duration of the drive, running very cleanly above 2000rpm and seemingly getting full power. I am systematically going through the following.It is a D Jet system
Vacuum hoses
Fuel delivery
Ignition and leads, cap plug rotor etc
Temp sensors, map sensor and throttle sensor.
Yet to look at dizzy injection triggers and injectors.

If I had to describe it, it feels like the choke is on, at low revs, it is shaky, but wont stall, but just shuddres on the take off and then clears, but will not let you down, just feels like a car with foukled plugs and a camshaft.

( This feeling I know well, my other car is an xu1 with 45mm webers!!!)

Anyway, what I am finding is that the parts all appear ok, just ok, but obviously not new. I have not replaced any yet, just given them all a good examination, and threw in new plugs while I had them out.

As a result, I am looking to replace them and keep any current ones as spares.

I have all the Bosch part numbers and wonder if anyone has THE SOURCE for these or if I should just start with a repco or similar. I am not worried if I have to wait and get them from USA etc , but just wanted to ask the question.

Also any ideas on hesitation would be great

OZCSi

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having an intermittent problem with my 3.0csi that needs attention. Every second or third time I turn it on, it shudders and hesitates below 2000rpm during the duration of the drive, running very cleanly above 2000rpm and seemingly getting full power. I am systematically going through the following.It is a D Jet system
Vacuum hoses
Fuel delivery
Ignition and leads, cap plug rotor etc
Temp sensors, map sensor and throttle sensor.
Yet to look at dizzy injection triggers and injectors.

If I had to describe it, it feels like the choke is on, at low revs, it is shaky, but wont stall, but just shuddres on the take off and then clears, but will not let you down, just feels like a car with foukled plugs and a camshaft.

( This feeling I know well, my other car is an xu1 with 45mm webers!!!)

Anyway, what I am finding is that the parts all appear ok, just ok, but obviously not new. I have not replaced any yet, just given them all a good examination, and threw in new plugs while I had them out.

As a result, I am looking to replace them and keep any current ones as spares.

I have all the Bosch part numbers and wonder if anyone has THE SOURCE for these or if I should just start with a repco or similar. I am not worried if I have to wait and get them from USA etc , but just wanted to ask the question.

Also any ideas on hesitation would be great