Bought a wrecked Tesla Model 3

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
... through my work. I got a call from the Tesla certified body shop in our area saying that a customer's Model 3 was NOT getting totaled and he was looking for options. Basically wanted to "cash out" and go get another vehicle. I looked over the photos and the build sheet and asked him what the magic number was to make all of his numbers work. It was close enough to mine so I paid him what he wanted. It showed up yesterday at my garage and I'll be managing getting it repaired. Pretty easy fix overall and I have access to lots of Tesla parts. Clean title!

IMG_20200505_121114239_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200505_123956329_HDR.jpg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
We have owned one since 2013, a Model S 60. 109k miles and counting. You will love it. SO fast and so smooth. Nice buy!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post but this isn't my car, I just bought it for the company I work for. But, before we bought it I talked the owner of the company into fixing it for himself. I'm pretty sure he'll like it. :)

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Was it close to being scrapped for that?
Dang, perhaps you can buy my next vehicle as my agent? I want a hail damaged Porsche .... And I don't plan on fixing it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
We paid $20k for the car. The sheet was $20k in repairs so they were going to fix it. The owner didn't want a repaired Tesla so the shop recommended us. Since I have a line on used Tesla parts (collision parts are cheap) and labor/repairs done from independent guys we'll get it fixed for under $5k. So in the end he'll have a 2018 Long Range Model 3 with 52k miles (high side) and a clean title for $25k.