Brake Bleeding Sequence

RIQUE

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I am ready to bleed my brake after rebuild. Can somebody plesae give me the wheel sequence.

Thanks, Enrique

Go from furthest rear, when you get to the front, top bleeder first, then outer and then inner bleed valve.

Start at the back, furthest from the master (right rear on a left hand drive car), then do the other rear, the passenger front, and finally the driver front.

My memory is a little fuzzy on this but on the fronts, I believe you start with the inside bleeder, the do outside bottom, then top.

From the repair CD:
Brakes.jpg

Tony, we were both wrong - or maybe half right :roll:

Thanks for the help guys. I bled the brakes this afternoon with not to much success. My brake pedal keeps bottoming out when I press it hard although I have no fluid leaks. I noticed that when I pump the pedal fluid inside the reservoir moves. I guess air in the system is the only answer. Any ideas? thanks again, Enrique

Did you bleed your clutch slave cylinder? Probably has no effect on the rest of the system but what the hell, may as well do it

You probably need to bleed the master first. You can do it on the car by loosening the lines a little so the air and fluid can get out.

Back