Brake servos

damienh

Reaction score
Hi all.

While the engine is out of the car, what do you guys think I should do with the servos ? the braking system was working perfectly well before dismantling, with reconditioned calipers and stainless flexible hoses. So should I do something whilke access is easy or leave as is ?

Many thanks for any opinions.

Regards,

Damien

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all.

While the engine is out of the car, what do you guys think I should do with the servos ? the braking system was working perfectly well before dismantling, with reconditioned calipers and stainless flexible hoses. So should I do something whilke access is easy or leave as is ?

Many thanks for any opinions.

Regards,

Damien

????

model car ? type ?,...

damienh

Reaction score
Ah. It's a '73 CSi.

To clarify - I am more than happy with the braking as it is, I'm not looking to upgrade. But if there is nothing wrong, is it standard procedure to get them reconditioned for example. Hope that's clear.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah. It's a '73 CSi.

To clarify - I am more than happy with the braking as it is, I'm not looking to upgrade. But if there is nothing wrong, is it standard procedure to get them reconditioned for example. Hope that's clear.

i was looking also for some explanation as to RHD or LHD, when you mentioned servos in plural i though of you as a britton, was me wrong ?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
1604602150991.png

1604602186211.png

damienh

Reaction score
Hi there, many thanks deQuincey. That is a very useful piece of info. You are partly right, of course I should have stated that it is a RHD car. I do live in the UK, but am from Ireland. I’ve decided to send them away to be refurbed so the decision’s made.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there, many thanks deQuincey. That is a very useful piece of info. You are partly right, of course I should have stated that it is a RHD car. I do live in the UK, but am from Ireland. I’ve decided to send them away to be refurbed so the decision’s made.

i would recommend that you add some basic information to your profile,

car model, and location help

also if you use the “reply” button, the person that you would like to respond to receives an alert

damienh

Reaction score
Good call, I'll do that now. It's only taken me about 15 years ! Always posting these messages on the move on my phone, and not spending enough time thinking before sending if I'm honest.

Rob - thanks, that's a reasonable option. I was just curious what everyone else does, but after thinking about it I realised that I don't really know how well the brakes work with nothing to compare them to, I just know they work. So I'll just send them out to be done, they'll be nicely painted and zinc plated, one less thing to think about.

Regards,

Damien