bright trim strips for door panels

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stan and I have been looking around for someone to reproduce the bright trim strips on the door panels (2 per side, different L/R profiles). So far, the best I could find is a place that would make a minimum run for close to $20k.

However, I had another thought. How many of you would accept a chrome plated plastic extrusion instead of the original polished Aluminum?

John

has anybody given consideration to other cars that might also use the same trim? the early 630 / 633csi had a similar long trim above the map pocket. is it anywhere close to the size? conversely, can somebody like Speedway refinish them / straighten if necessary?

what about other german cars - porsche / mercedes?

yes - there is a slight angle on the ends ... and since the main profile is higher at the top than they are at the bottom ... definite left hand / right hand

has anybody given consideration to other cars that might also use the same trim? the early 630 / 633csi had a similar long trim above the map pocket. is it anywhere close to the size? conversely, can somebody like Speedway refinish them / straighten if necessary?

what about other german cars - porsche / mercedes?
How about E3's?

But of course it needs to be long enough (why you mentioned E24's and not E12's).

John,
Would the strips be one long piece cut to size?
Each coupe would need 128" and if they were being cut into segments the bevel could go either way, couldn't it?

doors: 2 each 10 5/16" and 2 each 40 5/16" (probably an even metric amount)
rear: 2 each 13 5/16"

How many cars would be in a $20K run?

Back