Bring it Home

SHIMBIMMER

Reaction score
Thanks to Terry Conners and Paul Cain - we are set to begin production of a new series for PTA (PlanesTrains+Automobiles) tomorrow. PTA is my venture back into the mediascape. This is my second TV/Web/Mobile/Beyond channel. The first was a business called CONCERT.TV that defined a home on television for those who live live music. PTA is the newest and likely only real competitor to the Travel Channel. We go live in April.

Paul has been just a true and absolute gem. My very first car (a loose premise of this show) was a Fjord e12 (530i) that had squirrels living in it when I first found it in West Virginia. I bought that car when I was 15. I say "bought" given I was washing glasses for my dad at his bar on Friday nights for $50 and spend $40 of that every Saturday as a down payment to the farmer who sold me the car - always referring to it as a VW.

Fred Flintstone had less access to the road through his floorboards. My e12 was a disaster - but I drove it for nearly 4 years.

This series is about finding the car you most remember or desire - and instead of pushing it onto a trailer...you drive it home. Thing Bring A Trailer meets Top Gear meets Parts Unknown.

Thanks to Paul for selling me his 1978 Fjord 530i. He's so much a part of this story...as is Terry. But the real story will be my team and I documenting the journey home. Tomorrow night in Santa Barbara. Tuesday night in Big Sur. Wednesday it comes home to San Francisco...until the next journey.

www.thepta.com
www.thepta.com/reel

Stay tuned. Ideas welcome.

Cheers,
SHIMBO

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul sold you a great car, it's ready to go to the next level if that is your goal, congrats. Would the Targa California drive be something that would fit into your vision for this network?

Chris

SHIMBIMMER

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Steve. Been a long time in the making. We're thrilled to be in production.

Chris - yep. Our friends at Petrolicious did a great little piece on the Targa. We're producing proper half hour shows for PTA and I think it's a great one to cover for our show Driven (working title).

And indeed. I think once my coupe is in a great place...the e12 will be a great turn of attention for our business. It's somewhat a "company" car. ;)

Cheers,
SHIMBO