Brisbane '02 event. Anyone go? And SoCal event in October

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did anybody go to the Brisbane event this year? Used to be Palo Alto... curious if was a good time in new venue.

And I don't know if anyone has thrown this on here already, but in case not, there is a coupe/bav/02 etc. event scheduled for October in Van Nuys. FYI for what it's worth.

http://www.socalvintagebmw.com/Welcome.html

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
SoCal Vintage BMW Meet

Hi, I'm one of the co-founders of the SoCal Vintage BMW meet that will happen in October along with John Barlow. I've put a note to Dan to include our events in the calendar. We were up in Brisbane, and it was a nice meet, but it is a very 02 heavy event, but there were still some fun coupes there, especially Norm's Snowball Rally 2000cs. The October event is a first year event, and we are making a significant effort to pull in all of the Southern California crowd from SD to SB and beyond, across all vintage makes, E3, E9, 02, NK, and so on- if you register early for the drives or the meet that really helps momentum. We've felt this is a long overdue annual event for southern cal, there are so many special vintage BMWs here. We are really trying to pull in the E9 group, here and in OC/SD, and we have a fun drive/hike/bbq coming up in two weeks on 6/29. Angeles Crest drive, but no heavy mountain climbing, fun mountain roads before the bikes and Ferraris get out there. A not too long hike at Switzer Falls mid drive, and then back to John's place for a midday BBQ. BBQ is Free if you register for the meet. Maybe John will pull out his pristine 2000CS for the drive, it will certainly be there for the show, along with a lot of other great cars he owns (when's the last time you saw a Glas GT 1700?). I've been hearing for a long time how much guys in SoCal want these events as much as I do, so please step up and be part of it early on to build the momentum. Please go to the website socalvintagebmw.com for all the details and to register. Anyone can contact me with any questions. I want a nice lineup of coupes in two weeks, there will be some cool photo ops! Thanks, and sorry for the shameless plug...
Jeff

schnell540

Reaction score
Re: Brisbane '02 event. Anyone go? And SoCal event in Octobe

Erik said:
Did anybody go to the Brisbane event this year? Used to be Palo Alto... curious if was a good time in new venue.

The cars and folks were very nice, as usual. The venue was ok. It was a parking lot and the heat was bouncing off the pavement. PA was much nicer IMHO, but it is no longer available.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary,

The october meet is definitely for you and every coupe owner within 150 miles of Van Nuys! I hoping we get a good coupe turnout on the 6/29 drive.
Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My apologies for not looking into this further - apparently when you go to buy a day parking pass in the Angeles National Forest online, they wack you with a $4.95 shipping charge on top of the $5 fee, which feels excessive to me for sending a 3 ounce pass. If you go to this page:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/ap/vendors.php

You'll find locations close to you where you can pick them up in person, and save the $4.95 for a gallon of gas. If you are planning on joing us for the drive/hike/BBQ PLEASE go on the socalvintagebmw.com website and go to the registration pages and sign up as soon as possible. We're less than two weeks away and we have to know how much food to order! Remember, if you register for the meet before the drive, you get the BBQ for FREE!! Thanks again.
Jeff