Bugatti does 253 mph on a public road near me

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Years ago I drove a rented Ford Explorer through central Montana, and I was happy as a clam to be driving on a road without a speed limit. Cruising along at 125 or so, I saw three mule deer bounding along out of the corner of my eye, which was a sight to behold until I noticed they intended to cross the road in front of me. The first two crossed in front of me comfortably, but by the third one was not as swift as his friends. I had let off the accelerator and covered the brake pedal when I first saw them (praying I could avoid braking in that vehicle at speed), and was only about four car lengths from the ass end of the lagging dear as he bounded off the road. And while I appreciated seeing such a magnificent creature up close, the thought of hitting that beautiful 200+ lb beast at speed was terrifying.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
It was an event under controlled circumstances but no one tells of the deer that. Here are the other results

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are the other results

Attachments

• CA8D4E63-0A28-490B-9919-B6EC1FF22F9F.jpeg
    CA8D4E63-0A28-490B-9919-B6EC1FF22F9F.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 08D4CFC8-407F-41E5-A7CF-90DC40F843ED.jpeg
    08D4CFC8-407F-41E5-A7CF-90DC40F843ED.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 126

TodB

Reaction score
Years ago I drove a rented Ford Explorer through central Montana, and I was happy as a clam to be driving on a road without a speed limit. Cruising along at 125 or so, I saw three mule deer bounding along out of the corner of my eye, which was a sight to behold until I noticed they intended to cross the road in front of me. The first two crossed in front of me comfortably, but by the third one was not as swift as his friends. I had let off the accelerator and covered the brake pedal when I first saw them (praying I could avoid braking in that vehicle at speed), and was only about four car lengths from the ass end of the lagging dear as he bounded off the road. And while I appreciated seeing such a magnificent creature up close, the thought of hitting that beautiful 200+ lb beast at speed was terrifying.

If forced to swerve, I’ve been told to always choose the ass end of the animal if one runs in front of you. I haven’t been forced to make that decision yet.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
If forced to swerve, I’ve been told to always choose the ass end of the animal if one runs in front of you. I haven’t been forced to make that decision yet.
I was riding on my dirt bike on back roads when 3 deer passed right in front of me. Scared me to death

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Makes sense, they can't whip around the other direction and run into you like squirrels and chipmunks always do. AMHIK

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Makes sense, they can't whip around the other direction and run into you like squirrels and chipmunks always do. AMHIK
Living in Bucks County, PA(aptly named) I have deer cross in front of me on an average of once every two weeks. Five yesterday. They live all around us. As I drive I sweep the sides of the road from left to right. Like one of those old NORAD radar stations. Nothing really works, but I read somewhere highbeams are the worst. If they are far out in front low beams won't catch their eye, they might not freeze. Who knows. Let's say I have my share of misses and not so near misses.

TodB

Reaction score
This thread has been such a jinx! Driving in NH yesterday morning, I came upon a doe and her fawn standing in the middle of the road. I stop. They both ran in the direction they were facing, I.e. opposite sides of the road. The doe panics and runs across the road, again, to her baby. Fortunately, there was no other traffic on this otherwise busy road and I was merely a stopped spectator.

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This thread has been such a jinx! Driving in NH yesterday morning, I came upon a doe and her dawn standing in the middle of the road. I stop. They both ran in the direction they were facing, I.e. opposite sides of the road. The doe panics and runs across the road, again, to her baby. Fortunately, there was no other traffic on this otherwise busy road and I was merely a stopped spectator.
what are you doing in NH?
Still here?