Calder in a Box

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i like the way the swingarms are moved inboard on the rear to allow fitting those monster wheels / tires. really interesting photos - thanks for sharing Tyson

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great photos from the past. I actually watched the 1976 Daytona race won by the #59 CSL. I drove up there in my '72 2002 with the newly formed Everglades Chapter in the BMWCCA. We were inside the track wandering around. I stood in front of a CSL with the windshield banner "Peter Gregg Racing" and made sure the"Peter" section was missing.
I'm not related to that Gregg family. That old photo is buried with all of those other 4X4 pics taken back then.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At Amelia that year when Brian Redmond drove the car onto the cars and coffee site I was watching from the side. He got out and just happened to walk over and nod hello and stand next to me as the other cars parked. I didn’t know what to say so I asked how the car was running. He then went into a 5 minute passionate description of every nuance of the car that was right and wrong since he last drove it. Very cool guy.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
0C36DF97-94F8-4684-AA5F-398327A4B9A5.jpeg