Can anyone ID this wire?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This black wire, with red markings, is in the same harness as the starter wire and oil sender wire (between my thumb and forefinger - see pic), I can't tell what it went to or if it did go to anything on my car, anyone have an idea? (I am sure it won't pose a problem for you guys here-thanks)

Attachments

• IMG00147-20100717-1230.jpg
    IMG00147-20100717-1230.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 95

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The idle shut off and thermo switch share the same harness, my choke wires are separate and accounted for so I don't think that's it, there is only one of these wires so it should go to something other than the 2 carbs, thanks.

61porsche

Reaction score
Starter wiring

Appears to be SWR (black red)- from starter to coil. Supplies full 12v under cranking only. The one that's missing from the starter in the other post attachment. Term. 61.

The green wire/ angled conn. in the background goes to the idle valve/ choke/ cold start.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So this attaches to the starter? There doesn't appear to be a spade for it on the starter housing, the starter has the main wire from the batt which is bolted on and the other wire from the igniton which slips on. This ? wire and the oil sending unit wire are wrapped into these other 2.

Appears to be SWR (black red)- from starter to coil. Supplies full 12v under cranking only. The one that's missing from the starter in the other post attachment. Term. 61.

The green wire/ angled conn. in the background goes to the idle valve/ choke/ cold start.

61porsche

Reaction score
3 wires to Starter

Steve,

Your picture of the EGR includes the starter and the missing wire (draped down) or it's connection.

Starter:
+Battery
Black wires- switch
Black red- coil

If you want to double check- the same wire, other end, is on the + side of the coil and bypasses the resistor only when starting. A tester would be handy if you have one.

Best regards,

Jerry
61Porsche