Can anyone identity these springs?

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello! I finally have gotten a chance to look around under my 2800 CS. I expected it was on stock springs but I caught this metallic glimmer under the dirt so I did some cleaning (more to come obviously) and was surprised to find these springs. They are either cad or yellow zinc plated versus painted. The front springs at full droop are slightly loose between the hat and the perch. I don’t see any markings on them at all.

I’m sure they’re pretty old, but was curious what they might be. Here are photos of the rear spring, the front spring and how the car sits (spacers are still installed above the strut mount). Thanks!!

E3CD0B9F-B983-4C4A-A6E8-E4034E4B24CD.jpeg
3F2BDB13-56B2-4873-A658-B06B261525A3.jpeg
341D2A35-FED5-4682-AC6E-CC9724DFE711.jpeg

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe it will be very difficult to tell anything about the producer/type once they have no markings.

Could be they have some but all was covered by body protection paint.

There are a ways to measure the spring. Here's one article about it:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sorry Chris, can't help with your question, but your car sits really nicely with them and to my eye those are not stock springs.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a set of old gold front 'sport' springs I bought from an old CS parts stash. I run stock CS rear springs, detailed in Paul Cain's Spring posting. The suspension is the same in both photos. Stock wheels with 195/70 14s. & BBS with 205/55 16s

Suspension at shop.jpg
Dooley Illust pic.jpg