Can anyone run a carfax for me?

pj

Reaction score
I am looking at a m3 tomorrow, thing is it has a salvage title and the girl selling it does'nt have any details sooooo can anyone run it through for me

Cheers PJ

Malc

Reaction score
Salvage title:
In the UK that means
1... Insurance economic write off (Heavy crash damage)
2... Stolen - recovered

It also means
1... Look for signs of poor repairs, things out of alignment.
2... Poor paint finish, bad panel gaps.
3... None matching keys ie different ones for ignition, doors, boot (trunk).
4... Check VIN / Engine and any other numbers very carefully

I would be very wary about it. No disrespect, but the person selling it might be a "front" for stolen / ringed / cloned cars. How long has she owned it?

It could be an honest car. Can your insurance people check the numbers for you before you buy? Definitely check the numbers before handing over the cash.

Here in the UK if you buy a stolen / ringed / cloned car, even innocently, and the police find out the true identity of it you looose it with no recourse....
Malc

chicane

Reaction score
I am looking at a m3 tomorrow, thing is it has a salvage title and the girl selling it does'nt have any details sooooo can anyone run it through for me

Cheers PJ

Not to mention it violates CarFax's policy but why don't you just buy a report yourself? It's no more than $20. If you can afford to buy a $20-30K dollar car you can afford a CarFax report.

Salvage Title M3 = Lots of Problems.

pj

Reaction score
Chic
it was a simple request, don't really need your 'tude this morning,

Malc
Its the same here on the west coast , only the salvage title on M3s is a little more common.It could be a stolen /recovery or it could've been in a wreck.
I am just checking this one out today(low miles & bone stock & Good price), the one I want has a clean title (Dakar yellow higher miles , full service history,one owner, nice mods) and I am seeing that one on sunday.

Thanks
PJ

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
PJ,

You might try bmw2002faq.com.

As far as salvage vehicles go, I deal in them all day long every day. They come in all shapes and sizes (no pun intended) and doesn't always mean they're a bad car. Some are acquisitioned with no damage, along with all the other reasons listed. If the car was in an accident, pay attention to WHEN it took place. If it was early in its life the damage had to be fairly substantial to total the car, but if it was recent, the damage could be minimal (value of vehicle is much less).

Good luck, I've owned salvaged vehicles my whole life!

Here's an example of a salvaged car...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=300136814576&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=020

Dan